An avatar creation cloud function is required for Use Case 2 (Dress Me Up). It is the interface between the eTryOn systems and the Metail Scanatar Service.
The function is triggered by a Cloud Storage notification when a Quantacorp scan (PLY) and metadata (JSON) has been written to the asset store.
- Read metadata from asset store and extract subject height and gender
- Construct presigned GET URL for scan
- Construct presigned PUT URL for the output avatar
- Retrieve AWS keys from secret store
- Invoke the Avatar Creation Step Function
This function is invoked asynchronously so produces no output. The generated avatar is written to the asset store using the presigned URL passed to the step function invocation.